Friday 2 October 2015

CUISINE REVIEW: Let there be Meat: The Ulitmate Barbecue Bible - James Douglas and Scott Munro

Release Date: 18/06/15
Publisher:  Weidenfeld and Nicolson

SYNOPSIS:

LET THERE BE MEAT is the must-have companion for anyone interested in the art of barbecue and smokehouse; wood-smoked, slow cooked pork and beef, sausages, burgers, ribs, seafood feasts and all the mouth-watering sides that go with them.

James Douglas and Scott Munro provide their unique insight into the American BBQ culture, gleaned from seven years travel and hard study in the Deep South, with instructions on how to get the most from your meat. Including matching cocktails, sides, sweet stuff and even how to make your own pig roaster and home brew IPA.

LET THERE BE MEAT is the carnivore's bible, crammed with over 100 melt-in-the-mouth recipes that have made Red's True Barbecue a phenomenon


REVIEW:

Ah, as a guy, we all like to become the self-styled, king of the bbq, I have to admit that whilst I love to grill, I’m really not that good at it or adventurous, choosing to do the basics like sausages, drumsticks and burgers. So when I had the chance to read up on a whole heap of other things I can tackle (including utilising the smoker function on my BBQ) I thought it would be good so that I can make the most of my cookout and get to enjoy the labours later.

This title is easy to follow, has everything from good, tasty recipes through to rubs and marinades in order to really get a lot of flavour in there. Finally giving me the encouragement to tackle a few things that I wouldn’t have tried previously as I’d worry about cook times. All round I’m looking forward to trying a good few of these out and even though its not traditional to fire it up during the winter, I may well do that towards Christmas to have the meat selection something different for my family party. Great stuff.

No comments: