Thursday 11 June 2015

YOUNG ADULT REVIEW: Gerry Anderson's Gemini Force 1: Black Horizon - M G Harris

Release Date: 17/04/15
Publisher:  Orion Children

SYNOPSIS:

After the tragic death of his father, Ben Carrington's mother teams up with a wealthy entrepreneur to form an elite, top-secret rescue organisation - Gemini Force.

Ben is determined to become part of the team, but can he prove he has what it takes to face dangerous situations and save lives?

Impossible rescues. Maximum risk. This is Gemini Force 1.


REVIEW:

A tale originally conceived of by Gerry Anderson and one that thanks to his son, saw the light of day with author MG Harris. Obviously this is a young adult novel and having spent a lot of my childhood with all the GA classics from Fireball XL5 through to Stingray, Thunderbirds, Joe 90, Terrahawks as well as Captain Scarlett, I owe this man a hell of a lot for my entertainment.

So to have the chance to relive some of that vigour I was lucky enough to be sent this book. What I originally notices was that essentially it is Thunderbirds for the more modern era but what really worked well with it was the way that the principle character came across, he had real world school problems that needed addressing, emotional issues and when added to an arc that allowed him to blossom as well as further the aspects within, all round generated a tale that I was more than pleased I took the time to read.

All round it looks like a solid start for a new series and one that I’m definitely going to be passing on to other family members to enjoy.



No comments: