Thursday 28 May 2015

THRILLER REVIEW: The Washington Stratagem - Adam Lebor

Release Date: 21/05/15
Publisher:  Head of Zeus

SYNOPSIS:

A LONE AGENT. AN UNIMAGINABLE CONSPIRACY.

UN covert negotiator Yael Azoulay went rogue in Geneva and nearly lost her life. Her physical wounds are healed, but she will never be able to forget what happened.

Now back in New York, Yael uncovers a chilling conspiracy whose end game is a devastating new war in the Middle East. But as Yael draws closer to the truth, she is forced to confront the ghosts of her past.

As the few certainties of her life begin to crumble around her, a terrifying truth is laid bare: Yael has enormously powerful enemies who neither forgive, nor forget.


REVIEW:

To be honest when I want a thriller, I want to be kept on the edge of my seat right the way through. I love being in the middle of the excitement and whilst this book promised everything I love, it was title that didn’t supply me with the octane I was expecting. Don’t get me wrong it was an OK read but for me it was more of a mystery than a Thriller with huge lulls in the pace throughout.

The characters within were OK, the prose middle of the roadish and all round wasn’t a title that, for me, stood out from the masses of others out there. Sadly for me, not a title I’ll be returning to any time soon and sadly Adam will be further down my TBR pile.



No comments: