Saturday 14 February 2015

FANTASY REVIEW: Warhammer Fantasy: Gotrek and Felix: Kinslayer - David Guymer

Release Date: 07/10/14
Publisher:  Black Library

SYNOPSIS:

Once heroes and companions on the greatest of adventures, Gotrek Gurnisson and Felix Jaeger have long since gone their separate ways. Felix, married and working for the family business in Altdorf, embarks on a journey north to Kislev when he hears that an old comrade has been captured by the forces of Chaos. Reunited with Gotrek, and otherol friends, Felix begins to suspect that he has embarked on his final adventure. And in the cold north, Gotrek's doom awaits him...


REVIEW:

Firstly, I’m a huge fan of Felix and Gotrek so I was more than looking forward to this, the latest outing for the duo but as I read the book, I found myself falling out with the characters. I didn’t like the way that they were coming across, hated the way that some of their actions went against what has happened before and when added to the ending, left me feeling more than flat as I felt a lot of the companionship and humour from earlier outings had been lost.

It didn’t move along with its usual zing and when added to an overall overly complex arc backed up with some heavy fighting that felt more like a “quick get some blood splashed” about to keep readers going all round left me feeling very cheated. I hope that the final book in the series doesn’t let it go to pot however I get a horrible feeling that its either going to be something super impressive or lead to a certain slayer not just wondering the wastes but perhaps even the pathways fo the chaos gods themselves.

No comments: