Friday 4 April 2014

DVD REVIEW: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutagen Mayhem: Season 2 Vol 1 - Paramount Home Entertainment

Release Date: 31/03/14
Publisher:  Paramount Home Entertainment

SYNOPSIS:

The first five episodes from the second series of the children's CGI-animated cartoon tracing the origins of the sewer-dwelling, superhero foursome Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael and Michelangelo. The episodes are: 'The Mutation Situation', 'Follow the Leader', 'Invasion of the Squirrelanoids', 'Mutagen Man Unleashed' and 'Mickey Gets Shellacne'.


REVIEW:

OK, I’m of the generation that remembers these half-shell heroes originally and lets be honest, they were damn awesome way back in the 90’s. So with the new film coming out in August, I wanted to see what our favourite ninja’s were to the new generation (and I ended up watching this with my nephews.) What occurs within is a tale of pure kickass action and whilst the animation has gone over to CG these days, its something that not only entertained the nephews but myself as well whilst I got introduced to the brand new villains that weren’t about from the old days.

All round I was more than entertained and lets be honest, if you’re younger family members are looking forward to the new film as much as my lot are, these new series DVD’s may well save your sanity as well as help to educate you in all things turtle.

All in a great bit of fun and for £7 you can have a lot of peace of mind. Well worth it.



No comments: