Saturday 14 December 2013

HUMOUR REVIEW: Tommy Cooper: All in One Joke Book - Compiled by John Fisher

Release Date: 03/10/13
Publisher:  Preface Publishing

SYNOPSIS:

My wife is a magician, yesterday she turned our car into a tree. A big white horse walks into a pub. The barman says, 'we have a drink named after you.' The horse says, 'what? Eric?' I said, 'waiter, what's that in my soup?' he said, 'I'd better call the boss, I can't tell one insect from another.' I'm reading a book called 'Sex Before 20'. Personally I don't like audiences. I said, 'it's serious, doctor, I've broken my arm in 20 places'. He said, 'well stop going to those places.' I call my car flattery. It gets me know where.


REVIEW:

Ah classic comedy from the unique magician/slapstick comedian Tommy Cooper who is sadly missed. Within this title is a whole host of classic Cooper humour and liners that will have many a fan chuckling along as they remember the unique voice weaving the story. It’s great fun and whilst it might not be for some younger readers, those of an age to remember him will love it. All round a great compendium and obviously something lovingly researched by John Fisher. Great stuff.

No comments: