Sunday 27 October 2013

YOUNG ADULT TEEN REVIEW: Fairwick Chronicles 3: Dark Possession - Carol Goodman

Release Date: 17/10/13
Publisher:  Ebury Press

SYNOPSIS:

How far would you go for love? Callie McFay is about to cross worlds and time...Fairwick used to be populated by all manner of magical creatures but when a cabal of witches forced the closure of the last door to Fairie, the townsfolk had to choose sides. Now it is up to Callie to find a way back. Her quest will take her far from home - to a 17th Century Scotland where the demon she once fell in love with is still very much a man...


REVIEW:

Ok the third book in the series and to be honest, not having read the others I was more than a little apprehensive about starting, after all I’d miss out some of the in series references alongside getting to judge how the characters had grown over the series.

That said however I soon found myself eagerly drawn into this inventive world by Carol. I loved the way she brought the historical time period to life, added her own touch of mysticism and then blended it altogether with a cracking lead character that I could not only associate with but one that I wanted to achieve her own goals. Its wonderfully written, almost cinematic in its own right and to be honest if the first two are this good, I’m really going to have to go back and make the time to sit down with them.

All round great fun and a book that I was more than pleased I read especially when you get to see some wonderful turns of phrase from an author who clearly loves what she’s doing. Great stuff.



No comments: