Saturday 21 September 2013

CUISINE REVIEW: Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Home Cooking - Gordon Ramsay

Release Date: 29/08/13
Publisher:  Hodder

SYNOPSIS:

'My rules are simple. Home cooking has to be easy. It got to be fast. It's got to be delicious. If you think you can't cook amazing food at home, think again. I'm going to prove that however busy you are it's still possible to cook stunning food. These are the only recipes you'll ever need.' GORDON RAMSAY Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Home Cooking is a collection of over 120 delicious new recipes that are infused with Gordon's expertise and skill gleaned from his years in professional kitchens. Divided into chapters to see you through the whole day from weekday breakfasts through to Saturday night dinners, the book is all about the pleasure of cooking and sharing the very best home-cooked food with family and friends.


REVIEW:

I’ve watched Gordon for years and whilst he’s a very outspoken chef I loved trying his recipes and cook alongs so that I get to make meals that not only taste fab but bring together flavours that I wouldn’t have thought of. After all in a world where we see food as something that’s just a fuel rather than looking at it as something that should be savoured, tasted and perhaps most importantly share with friends.

Here in Gordon’s latest book is a whole load of recipes for different times of the day. So far I’ve tasted a number of the dishes but I have to say my favourite is Gordon’s stuffed Rib of Beef with me really looking forward to trying the Beef Stew with Mustard Suet Dumplings (and with the cold part of the year coming up, its going to be great.) Add to this a whole selection of soups, tasty sandwiches and additions that you might not of thought of such as anchovies on toast to go with your boiled egg, all round gives you a whole range of things to enjoy.

1 comment:

Natalie Westgate said...

I've never tried any of Gordon Ramsey's dishes, and I'm not really sure why. I've been looking for a cook book that has more hearty meals in it and it sounds like this might have. I shall have to check it out! Thanks for the review :)