Sunday 27 November 2011

CRIME REVIEW: Lily Bard 4: Shakespeare's Trollop - Charlaine Harris

Release Date: 10/11/11

SYNOPSIS:

Shakespeare, Arkansas is home to endless back roads, historic buildings, colourful residents - and the occasional murder. It is also home to Lily Bard, the local karate expert and cleaning woman, who's got a particular knack for finding skeletons in closets. But when Deedra Dean - the local woman of ill repute - is found murdered, her lifestyle leaves more than a few suspects. And being familiar with Deedra's dirty laundry could make Lily the next resident of Shakespeare to die ...


REVIEW:

I love a light read that can make you think and deliver the goods for the reader and at a time of year when you’re heavily occupied with other matters and want something to entertain as well as get the little grey cells firing, then these Lily Bard titles are probably going to be the books for you.

Personally I love the characters within, I like the depth of them, I enjoy their traits and perhaps most of all I love the quaintness of the town which is how I imagine a lot of the South in the US to be. It’s quirky, it has all sorts of interesting places to visit and overall it’s a series that has kept me engaged and calm quite nicely with its charms and plots. Great fun all in.

No comments: