Tuesday 8 March 2011

URBAN FANTASY REVIEW: Loss of Separation - Conrad A Williams

Release Date: 03/03/11

SYNOPSIS:

A plane crash survivor questions his sanity when the new life that he has built for himself, in a new town, is suddenly thrown into doubt by terrifying discoveries and the revelations they bring about.


REVIEW:

Conrad’s writing, for me, can be a little hit and miss and after not enjoying his previous Solaris release I was a little apprehensive about starting this one. I really shouldn’t have been as this title had so much going for it. The principle character was likeable, the outline intriguing and above all else the pace was ideal for this title. Add to this a great author voice which when backed with what I can only surmise as Basic Instinct meets Wicker Man and you know that it’s a title that will entertain the reader. A real joy from Conrad and one that leaves me wondering what he’ll hit back with next.

No comments: