Wednesday 8 September 2010

URBAN FANTASY REVIEW: Dark Hunter 19: No Mercy - Sherrilyn Kenyon

Release Date: 07/09/10

BOOK BLURB:

Shapeshifter Dev Peltier thought he knew it all. But one night when a Dark-Hunter, who is also an official member of the Dogs of War, sashays into his bar, he realises that he might have met his match. Samia, aka Sam, was one the fiercest Amazon warriors in her tribe. But an act of brutal betrayal made her a Dark-Hunter and she's been angry ever since. Live fast, fight hard and enjoy the night. That's her motto. But as old enemies and new move into New Orleans, she realises that Dev just might be the only hope she and mankind have to save the world.


REVIEW:

It seems like only yesterday that I reviewed the first Infinity story featuring Nick in Sherrilyn’s Young Adult series, so I was a bit surprised when the new Dark Hunter novel landed. Sherrilyn is definitely prolific so it’s always a worry about whther its quantity over quality alongside relying upon the author’s name to sell the title.

What unfurls within this offering is a mystery with classic Urban Fantasy heroes who strive to achieve their goals whilst dealing with their own personal struggles and insecurities. It’s quirky, it’s definitely got great dialogue and an old favourite or two also appear. Great fun and something that will happily occupy your time. On a subsequent side note you can read this without having read the previous titles, however, a lot of the in jokes and sub reference will leave the initiate reader wondering what’s happening alongside trying to figure what they’re missing.

3 comments:

Julie-Anne said...

I really want to read this but walked into Waterstones last week and seen the size of the book! It's huge! Not buying it until it comes in a smaller handy size or that particular shelf will look like poo.

Bea said...

I stopped reading a few books back because they felt like retreads to me, like she was writing the same story and just changing the names. Should I give this a try? If I do, it'll be from my library. I love my library. :)

Anonymous said...

I really liked this one. It felt fresher than most of her other recent ones in the series.

(Didn't get to read it until I got back to the states.)